I have a fair number of aluminum pans at my beach house, and we occasionally have problems with saltwater corrosion of them (don't ask). What I do to clean them up is scour with a progression of grits of steel wool. I do it dry, but if you want to work vinegar into the mix, it won't hurt-maybe just decrease friction.
I also have to ask: Are you sure what you're seeing as oxidation isn't just the contrast between the passivation layer where the anodizing is gone and the darker vestiges of anodizing? If this is what's afoot, you might save yourself trouble and just keep DWing it until all the anodizing is gone. Or, scour it away by hand.
Simichrome 390050 All Metal Polish Tube - 1.76 oz.
Automotive Parts and Accessories (Simichrome)
- Used by professionals for years, Simichrome does a beautiful job of removing surface rust from chrome, polishing aluminum until it looks like new, even sprucing...
- Its unique, finely mixed formula produces a rich, brilliant shine on any uncoated, non-ferrous, metal surface including, brass, gold, silver, aluminum, magnesium...
- In as little as 30 seconds, you can watch a small, faded item go from dull, oxidized metal to a having a perfect mirror finish
- In addition to restoring the original luster, Simichrome also leaves an invisible, protective coating to prevent further tarnishing and help keep the shine much...
- A solid favorite for home, industry, auto, motorcycle and antique users, Simichrome is the fastest, most effective metal polishing and cleaning agent in the industry...
Bio-Kleen S07401 Metal Polish, 2 oz
Health and Beauty (Bi-O-Kleen)
- Snowmobile tunnel polish and snowmobile metal polish which is guaranteed to shine your snowmobile tunnel, trailer, heat shields or virtually any oxidized metal
- A few drops buffed onto a clean surface using a circular motion is all it takes and your tunnel will shine like the day you picked it up from the show room
- Concentrated, fast drying, metal polish formulated for hand cleaning aluminum, stainless steel, gold, brass, chrome, silver and more
- Lasts longer than conventional metal polish and provide lasting protection, no need to follow up with sealer like other metal polish
- Heat resistant on metals up to 1350 Degree F
Turtle Wax T-230A Rubbing Compound & Heavy Duty Cleaner - 10.5 oz.
Automotive Parts and Accessories (Turtle Wax)
- Heavy duty paste that cleans dull, oxidized finishes
- Quickly and easily penetrates through the oxidized surface to remove scratches, blemishes and stubborn stains
- Restores faded finishes
- Recommended for rubbing down between coats of newly sprayed lacquer and acrylic car finishes
- Easy to use formula