Hydrated iron oxide
- Chemistry: A mixture of hydrated iron oxides
- Uses: Important ore of iron, as a pigment and as mineral specimens.
- Color is yellow, orange, reddish brown, brownish black.
- Luster is earthy to dull.
- Transparency is opaque.
- Crystal System is undefined.
- Crystal Habits include massive, layered, botryoidal and stalactitic.
- Cleavage is absent.
- Fracture is crumbly or earthy.
- Hardness is variable 4 - 5.5
- Specific Gravity is variable at 2.9 to 4.3 (average to above average)
- Streak is brownish yellow to yellow.
- Associated Minerals include a large list of minerals particularly secondary deposit minerals.
- Notable Occurrences include many iron mines around the world, especially nice specimens come from Europe, Mexico, Canada and northeastern USA.
- Best Field Indicators are lack of crystal forms, lack of cleavage and streak.
Electrospun poly(ethylene oxide)/hydrated iron oxide/sodium alginate composite nanofibers with multi-functional properties.(Report): An article from: Polymer Engineering and Science
Book (Society of Plastics Engineers, Inc.)
Yellow Ochre High Iron Clay or Hydrated Ferric Oxide 1 LB Bag Capital Ceramics
Art and Craft Supply (Capital Ceramics)
Iron Oxide / Yellow 44 Micron Powder / 4 Ounces / 99% Pure / SHIPS FAST FROM USA
Art and Craft Supply (Loudwolf Industrial & Scientific)
R&F Pigment Sticks, 38ml, Mars Yellow Light
Art and Craft Supply (R&F Handmade Paints)
Sponge Me Konjac with " French Red Clay " a fabulous Deep Cleansing, Gentle Exfoliating Facial Sponge. Perfect for the dryer or more mature skin types yet Rich in Trace elements, it helps give a Glow to the Face and Brightens dull Complexions for All Skin Types
Baby Product (Sponge Me)