Magnesium oxide indications
Generic Name: magnesium hydroxide (mag-NEE-zee-um)
Brand Name: Generic only. No brands available.
Magnesium hydroxide is used for:
Treating acid indigestion, heartburn, sour stomach, and constipation. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Magnesium hydroxide is an antacid. It works by neutralizing the acid in the stomach and by stimulating the bowels to move.
Do NOT use magnesium hydroxide if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in magnesium hydroxide
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Slideshow: Breastfeeding And OTC Medication: Safety Tips That You Need To Know
Before using magnesium hydroxide:
Some medical conditions may interact with magnesium hydroxide. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have appendicitis, stomach pain, a blockage of your bowels, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, kidney problems, rectal bleeding of unknown cause, or if you have had bowel surgery
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with magnesium hydroxide. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by magnesium hydroxide
- Azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), bisphosphonates (eg, alendronate), cation exchange resins (eg, sodium polystyrene sulfonate), cephalosporins (eg, cephalexin), mycophenolate, penicillamine, quinolone antibiotics (eg, ciprofloxacin), or tetracyclines (eg, doxycycline) because their effectiveness may be decreased by magnesium hydroxide
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if magnesium hydroxide may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use magnesium hydroxide:
Use magnesium hydroxide as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
You might also like
Triple Magnesium Complex 400 mg 300 Caps
Health and Beauty (Swanson Premium)
Swanson Triple Magnesium Complex 400 mg 300 Caps -- 3 Bottles each of 100 Capsules
Health and Beauty (Swanson)
Maginex 615 Mg Oral Magnesium Tablets - 100 Ea
Health and Beauty (HEALTH CARE PRODUCTS)
Almay Bright Eyes Duo Eye Base & Concealer, For Medium Skin Tones 145, (2 PACK). . . ...
Beauty (Almay Bright Eyes Duo Eye Base & Concealer, For Medium Skin Tones 145, (2 PACK). . . ...)
Magnesium Oxide 400 Mg Tablets For Muscle And Nerve Function - 120 Tablets
Health and Beauty (BRECKENRIDGE INC.)